Peak Services News and Insights
View our latest collection of news and case studies
DLGRMA Announces Sponsorships of Peak Services Training Programs
The Department of Local Government, Racing and Multicultural Affairs provides sponsorships for a range of training programs to assist local government officers and elected members to build on their skills, knowledge and expertise.
The 2019 Expressions of Interest are currently open for the following short course training programs. Councils are invited to nominate their interest for public or in-house programs for the following:-
• Fraud Awareness for Local Government (instructor led or eLearning)
• Risk Assessment and Management (instructor led only)
• Social Media for Local Government (instructor led only)
• Social Media for Elected Members (instructor led only)
• Code of Conduct for Council Officers (instructor led or eLearning)
• Reporting Corrupt Conduct (eLearning only)
Peak Services will administer the application process and deliver this training on behalf of DLGRMA.
How to apply:
Applications will need to be submitted directly to the training provider by completing and submitted the electronic response at the following link along with a CEO endorsement letter.
Public courses will be scheduled throughout Queensland according to the location of successful applicants.
In-house courses will be delivered at council locations.
- electronic submission (Please respond to all questions)
- CEO endorsement letter (Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “CEO ENDORSEMENT”)
- For Elected Member, endorsement is required by the Mayor and sent to email@example.com with the subject heading MAYOR ENDORSEMENT.
Local Government Officers
- Preference will be given to staff who have not previously received a DILGP/DLGRMA sponsorship
- Preference will be provided to staff from small, remote and Indigenous local governments
- Staff from larger councils are not excluded from applying
- Preference will be given to councillors from small rural, remote and Indigenous local governments
- Councillors are required to provide a statement in support of their application (i.e. in terms of how undertaking the particular program will assist their professional development in being a more effective elected representative for their community), and councillors must provide evidence of endorsement of their application by their council’s Mayor, including a commitment by council to support the councillor in completing the program wherever possible. (Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “MAYOR ENDORSEMENT”)
Peak Services will administer the application process and deliver this training on behalf of DLGRMA. No upfront payments are required by councils as the DLGRMA will reimburse Peak Services directly for approved sponsorhips.
The submission date for Expressions of Interest has been extended subject to availability.