View course on Training.gov.au
Who should Attend?
Local government employees who are engaged in leadership positions assisting organisations in addressing climate risks and opportunities.
Following attendance at this workshop, you will receive a Statement of Attendance as part of Climate Resilience Queensland’s Professional Development Program.
Once you have successfully completed the assessment for BSBSUS401 you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment giving you credit towards BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability.
During this workshop, environmentally sustainable work practices and reducing carbon emissions are contextualised as aspects of climate risk management and resilience. Waste management practices are contextualised as an aspect of a circular economy. Participants will gain knowledge in:
- International and national responses to climate change
- State and local government responses to climate change
- Minimising waste and emissions through a circular economy
- Carbon and waste footprinting
- Climate governance
- Climate change risk assessment
- Integrating climate change into systems and processes
- Systems thinking and adaptive pathways
- Monitoring and evaluation climate change risk management
- The context of climate change adaptation decision making
||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- Have a minimum of 12 months’ full-time employment, working within local or State Government or with an allied organisation.
- Hold a position that requires you to undertake tasks and projects within local or State Government or an allied organisation’s operations.
- Acquired a completed Performance Appraisal statement within the last twelve months, confirming your competencies within local or state government or an allied organisation.
- All assessment tasks are undertaken in class under the observation of a qualified assessor.
- The learning is a combination of in-class course content delivery, group activities, discussion and assessment work.
- Post-course access to our Facilitators and Senior Advisors is available via both phone and email for support as required.
|Duration & location
- The course is comprised of 3 days’ mandatory attendance to cover course content, presentations and in-class assessments.
- Attendance dates are confirmed in writing to you prior to commencement.
- On Day 1 of the course, you will be provided with course guidelines, reference materials, websites and assessment tips.
|Please contact Peak for course fees or a proposal for onsite/in-house training.
6-8 October 2021
21-22 February 2022