Course OutlineDownload Full Course Outline (PDF)
Who should Attend?
This workshop is suited to team leaders, supervisors and managers who are in the business of influencing others, whether they are staff, colleagues or managers. This program is based on the recently released book - The New Influencing Toolkit: Capabilities for Communicating with Influence (Palgrave Macmillan).
- Understand and develop personal and positional power bases.
- Appreciate that there are a variety of styles and approaches to influencing and persuading others.
- Gain an awareness of your referred influencing style and approach.
- Identify the four influencing strategies and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Practise a more flexible approach to influencing others with greater confidence and better results.
- Apply several new tools and strategies in the workplace to influence others.
Short Course details
|Short Course Topics|
|Understanding personal and positional power|
|9 strategies to enhance personal and positional power|
|Introduction and explanation of the Influencing capabilities framework|
|Completion and interpretation of the Influencing Capabilities Profile|
|Influencing strategy - Investigation|
|Influencing strategy - Calculation|
|Influencing strategy - Motivation|
|Influencing strategy - Collaboration|
|Understanding the Push style of influence|
|Our instructor-led training course provides participants with an interactive session including group discussions, case study reviews and Question and Answer sessions. Our trainers can customise or tailor the course to your specifications or needs and deliver in-house providing you with a cost-effective and efficient training session.|
|Duration & location|
|Our standard structure for this workshop is 1 full day and can be delivered in any metropolitan or regional area of Queensland. Customisation is available based on individual council requirements.|
|Fees & Inclusions|
Please contact Peak Services for course fees or a proposal for onsite/in-house training.