Course OutlineDownload Full Course Outline (PDF)
View course on Training.gov.au
Who should attend?
Council officers and managers who are currently, or soon to be, responsible for projects within council.
Create work breakdown structures, develop realistic estimates and devise integrated project plans. Improve communication skills to effectively manage project roles and responsibilities. Understand and apply the Critical Path Methodology. Optimise time, money and resources better by assigning the right people to the task – project delegation.
Refine their project management and leadership skills by improving their abilities to initiate, plan, execute and deliver projects and evaluate their own work and the work of others.
This course is recommended for those with extensive vocational experience in project roles seeking a formal project management qualification.
On successful completion of your course and all assessments, you will receive a Nationally recognised qualification outlining the course completed and the units within that course.
- Project Management principles and steps – PMBOK Model
- Quality, performance and outcomes
- Project analysis and client interaction
- Managing people
- Instigating systems and compliance
- Benefits/advantages of promoting effective project management
- Has a minimum of two-years full-time employment, working with Council’s projects and administration processes; and
- Holds a position which requires you to undertake projects within the Council’s operations; or
- Acquired a completed Performance Appraisal statement within the last twelve months, reflecting your competencies within Council’s Projects and Administration sector.
Our instructor-led course provides participants with interactive sessions including group discussions, case study reviews, question and answer sessions. Our training course includes all course training materials, assessment and mentoring/assistance by your allocated trainer.
Duration & locations
Our standard structure for this course is 6 full days to be completed over a period of six months and can be delivered in any metropolitan or regional areas of Queensland.
Please contact Peak for course fees or a proposal for onsite/in-house training