Peak Services Legal has a simple mission – to assist and represent clients on a platform of trust and accountability.
Our team of legal practitioners, consultants and paralegals combines industry leaders armed with know-how and experience and dedicated to providing a highly personalised legal service.
Our focus is local government - no other legal experts know the sector’s unique challenges like we do.
With a legacy spanning over 120 years, we are Australia’s only legal practice owned by a local government association.
Peak Services Legal. We know the law. We know local government.
Peak Services Legal can provide assistance and advice on all facets of employment law including:
- Dealing with ill and injured workers, including long term
- Disciplinary assistance and advice, including performance management
- Engagement advice including preparing executive employment agreements and service agreements
- General protections and discrimination advice
- Legislation, award and enterprise/ certified agreement advice and interpretation
- Post-employment restraints
- Termination assistance and advice including redundancy
- Workplace bullying
- Workplace grievances – including mediation services
- Management of Public Interest disclosures including acting as Case Support Officer, PID Coordinator and/or Instructing Officer on behalf of council.
Advocacy and Litigation
Peak Services Legal can provide representation in all employment law litigation matters in both state and federal jurisdictions, including in the various Industrial Relations Commissions, Fair Work Commission, Tribunals, Anti-Discrimination Commissions, Australian Human Rights Commission, Industrial Courts, District and Supreme Court, Federal Court and High Court of Australia.
Our practitioners have extensive experience representing clients for:
- Breach of contract
- General protections
- Unfair dismissals
- Wage claims
Peak Services Legal can provide expert guidance and assistance on workers’ compensation claims (both statutory and common law).
We can advise on all aspects of a claim including advice on liability, quantum and entitlements.
We can provide advice on Workers’ Compensation appeals and represent you at hearings before the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission and Industrial Court.
Work Health and Safety
Our team is experienced in the interpretation and application of Work Health and Safety and associated Regulations and Codes of Practice. We can provide advice on your legal obligations, defend you against any claims, including pleas in mitigation, and conduct investigations into work health and safety breaches.
Individual liability limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation.