Peak Legal and Workforce
At a time when the state’s local government sector is under unprecedented public scrutiny, relationships built on trust and accountability are critical.
Peak’s Legal and Workforce Services team provides expertise in local government employment law, human resources and industrial relations.
Dedicated and attentive practitioners, consultants and paralegals, we are industry leaders with unrivalled experience managing the unique challenges of local government.
Peak is the only legal practice in Australia that is owned by a local government organisation and can provide support with a wide range of employment law and workplace matters, including:
- Collective bargaining
- Contracts of employment
- Dealing with ill and injured workers
- Disciplinary process assistance
- General HR and IR support
- General protections and discrimination advice
- HR/IR policies and procedures
- Mediation services
- Position description and classification assistance
- Representation before the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission
- Senior executive performance reviews
- Termination and redundancy assistance
- Work health and safety
- Workers compensation
- Workplace bullying
- Workplace grievances
- Workplace investigations
What we offer
We are answering more helpdesk queries from councils than ever before, due to the COVID-19 crisis. In response to this increased need and in collaboration with the LGAQ.