Course OutlineDownload Full Course Outline (PDF)
An Authorised Person is appointed by a council CEO under the Local Government Act 2009 to ensure members of the public comply with their responsibilities under a range of legislation.
Our course is suited to local laws officers, animal management and biosecurity officers, environmental health officers, water and sewerage workers and supervisors. It introduces the role of the Authorised Person, focusing on legislation.
- Authorised Persons/Local Government Worker
- Documenting all steps
- Powers of entry
- Common law
- Seeking assistance from police
- Situational awareness
- Using audio/and or video recording equipment
- Qld Local Government Act (areas pertaining to the role of the Authorised Person)
- Local Government Workers – Powers of Entry
- Qld Local Government Act (areas pertaining to the role of the Local Government Worker)
- Other legislation or regulations pertaining to the Authorised Persons’ role
- Copies of warrants, court orders and applications.er