Course OutlineDownload Full Course Outline (PDF)
Our 3-hour virtual workshop is presented by senior journalist and media and communications' expert, Kim Skubris.
Who should Attend?
Peak’s virtual Media Relations and Speech Writing workshop has been developed for Council’s Media and Communications teams and Media Advisors and focuses on “How to manage the media, attract coverage and write memorable speeches.”
- gain skills in how to write powerful messages, media releasee, alerts and information sheets
- an understanding of how to attract media attention
- what journalists are looking for
- how to pitch a story
- VNR's and we you need one?
- prepping 'talent'
- dealing with a regional crisis or good news story
- what is your plan for crisis communication
- write and inspiring speech