Course OutlineDownload Full Course Outline (PDF)
Many people believe that becoming a CEO is the summit of a career. However, it is described by some as a base camp. The biggest challenges of your career still lie ahead. You are in a situation that only a few people experience in their lifetime.
Becoming a CEO is a huge step, which involves both predictable and unanticipated challenges. It also requires a key integrated set of key attitudes and skills – these will be covered in this one-day workshop.
what key skills do you need to be an effective CEO?
- establishing legitimacy and visibility as the new CEO
- defining council’s vision, mission, and strategic directions
- reviewing/establishing strategic goals
- building a strong executive team
- developing effective relationships with the mayor and councillors
- who are your key stakeholders?
- demonstrating key leadership practices
- the importance of mentoring, coaching, networking and accessing key resources
- managing your time and stress – learn from effective executive time managers
- attributes of high-performing CEOs
- what type of CEO will you be?
- what leadership style will define you?
- key workshop takeaways.
Structure: Interactive Workshop
Class Size: Max 15
Cost: On request
With over 32 years’ experience in the human resources and management consulting fields, Narayan has provided a vast array of training and services to a range of organisations, including Local, State and Federal government agencies.
Narayan provides a very strong adult learning focus to his training. He ensures that it is experiential, practical and closely linked to workplace needs and realities. He is also consistently described by clients as highly enthusiastic, creative and dynamic in his approach.