Erica joined Peak in 2022, having recently completed coursework in Sustainability Strategies & Circular Economy Practices at the Cambridge Judge Business School and prior to this, Business Sustainability Management at the Cambridge Institute of Sustainability Leadership.
Erica brings expertise and global experience in small business, food, and resource recovery and a highly honed set of skills in content creation, copy writing, journalism, stakeholder management and team leadership. Erica has accumulated more than 15 years’ experience in small business and holds a BSc. in Environmental Science.
Erica’s time as a business owner has helped her develop strong capabilities in the delivery of projects and events within set time, quality and cost parameters and skill in maintaining client satisfaction.
- Commercial Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
- Audience/Stakeholder Adaptability
- Sustainability Strategies & Circular Economy Practices
- Business Sustainability Management
- BSc. in Environmental Science
Recovery & Quality Team Manager – Ikea (2020 to 2021)
• Applied systems and methods for lowering business costs, increasing quality of outputs and handling individual case quality matters.
• Led sustainability measures, applied solutions including sustainable divestment.
• Cross-functional approach to sustainability, bringing together contributions across departments to streamline the recovery process.
• Regular interaction with department functions, the Business Navigation & Operations Manager and the national recovery and quality matrix.
• Established strategic partnership to divert waste from landfill.
Business Owner - Founder, Marketing, Sustainability (2012 to Present)
• Managing the entire business from creation and start-up to marketing/socials and generation/retention of clients.
• Ensuring corporate sustainability was central to business ethos and structure
• Content creation (social and marketing) through to end-of-life cycle per event.
• Client and supplier liaison and engagement, brand reputation and event delivery.
• Product, menu, event creation and delivery. Website creation and maintenance.
Advisor – Bosch Siemens (2017-2020), State Home-Economist Manager - Miele Australia (2009–2010) and Business owner in Scotland, the Mediterranean and the Caribbean
Business owner in Scotland, the Mediterranean and the Caribbean including Catering, Events, Consulting / free-lance journalism (1999-2009)