Debbie has more than 21 years leading complex infrastructure and community development projects in local councils including Sunshine Coast Council, Moreton Bay Regional Council and Moreton Bay Region Area Consultative Committee (ACC) now RDA.
Debbie has established networks within Federal, State and SEQ Local government, and instrumental in building community and local business participation - collaboratively identifying opportunities as a Small Business Field Officer. She has in-depth experience of running incorporated associations, facilitating AGMs and board member meetings.
Debbie received the Sunshine Coast Council CEO Excellence Awards 2017 for the Sunshine Coast Solar Farm Project - ‘Working as one team across the organisation and with the community’.
Debbie has a strong record of championing and managing projects that generate regional economic impact and employment, including: Sunshine Coast’s $50M Solar Farm, and procurement and negotiations of a $20M Automated Waste Collection System to Sunshine Coast Tennis Centre (Caloundra) Master Plan & Stage 1, Sporting Venues, Amenities, Landfill development and more recently Utility Scale solar Farms.
Debbie’s previous achievements include:
Project Manager, Australia South Pacific Region – NEXTracker
Successfully project managed the supply and installation's training of the NX mechanical tracking system and data monitoring for over 14 utility scale solar farm projects, with combined 1200MW of power, creating jobs in all areas: ie: Sunraysia Solar Farm (250MW), Oakey Solar Farm (30MW), Susan River Solar Farm (95MW), Childers (75MW), Kidston (95MW), Emu Downs (26MW - WA’s largest Solar Farm), Swan Hill (19MW), Longreach (18MW), Jemalong (61MW), Middlemount (33MW).
Project Coordinator, Major Projects (Infrastructure Delivery) – Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- Designed and Constructed Sunshine Coast’s Solar Farm ($50M) - Australia’s first local government to offset its electricity consumption across all its facilities and operations from renewable energy. $22M in savings, after costs, over a 30-year period, based on today’s electricity costs, which are anticipated to increase in the future.
- Led local industry participation plan with Downer Construction (Head Contractor) to ensure local business support and involvement - 100 local people employed by the contractor.
- Involved in EOI for first-ever Automated Waste Collection System for Maroochydore CBD (up to 70kms). Actively involved with the Negotiation with Korean company to develop business case ($20m), contract and specs.
- Pierce Avenue Landfill - two cell constructions ($5M)- complex project to build a new, safer, bigger, landfill over 80s decommissioned landfill. Reengineered development, strict environmental design and monitoring.
- Bulcock Streetscape ($5M - Stage 1 Felicity Park) - master planning, detailed design, consulted with community, business, chambers of commerce, Main Roads, Energex, Telstra, Caloundra Markets, Councillors, Local, State, Federal MPs. Staged to ensure limited business disruption. Enhanced social environment, supports events.
Senior Project Manager – Moreton Bay Regional Council
Small Business Answers Officer – Moreton Bay Coast & Country Area Consultative Committee Inc.
- Project Management
- Regional Advice
- Stakeholder Management
- Financial Management
- Communication Skills
- People Management
- Advanced Diploma Civil Construction
- Certificate IV in Property Services
- Diploma of Project Management
- Diploma of Business
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment
- Social Media for Business
- Contract Administration – Scope & Specification Writing
- Finance in the Public Sector
- Superintendent Reps Training
- Organise and Monitor Infrastructure for Outdoor Events