Welcoming Chris Lowe to Peak Legal and Workforce
Chris joins our team as Senior Associate/Senior Workforce Advisor with over 12 years employment and industrial relations law experience in advising and acting for both employers and employees.
Chris takes a pragmatic approach to advising clients on a range of industrial and employment law matters including employment contracts, award interpretation, unfair dismissal, discrimination, bullying and harassment, and enterprise bargaining.
Chris has previously held the role of Senior Associate at multiple law firms as well as the role of Senior Adviser/Lawyer at a peak national employer organisation, the Australian Industry Group.
Chris has experience in representing both employers and employees in various commissions and courts in industrial and employment disputes.
He also has vast experience in drafting and reviewing employment contracts, policies and procedures with an aim to tailor documents to his clients' needs.
Chris is a relationship driven lawyer who puts the best interests of his clients first and seeks to obtain swift and decisive conclusions in difficult matters. He prides himself on his ability to adopt a practical approach to dispute resolution, noting that desired outcomes vary from client to client.
Recently, Chris has been involved with the following matters:
- Representing private sector organisations in responding to underpayment claims at the Industrial Relations Commission and the Federal Circuit Court – successfully negotiating settlements of claims.
- Successfully represented an insurance executive in the District Court of Queensland in response to allegations of breach of restraint of trade provisions in employment contract.
- Representing employers in responding to underpayment claims and responding to compliance notices issued by the Fair Work Ombudsman – successfully negotiating resolutions and avoiding prosecution.
- Advice to employers on business restructures and related employment, transfer of business and redundancy issues.
- Advising and assisting employers on vaccination mandates and other COVID-19 related matters.
- Unfair dismissal
- Award interpretation
- Underpayment claims
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)